You have several ways to create your project
1 – The Wizard way
- Create your Project by setting up
- The name for your organization, Usually your username.
- The name of your project. It should reflect your WordPress plugin/theme name.
- Most important, set the source language to English(United States) (en_US) as recommanded by WordPress.
- Check the box “My project is open source”.
- And enter the url of it.
- Click Next.
- Upload files
- Upload your pot file.
- Set the file format to Po file (.po)
- Click Next.
- Don’t bother adding them, it will automatically done when you join our hub.
- Click Next.
- Step 4: Congrats, your organization and project are ready.
2- Using your dashboard
- Make sure you’re logged in.
- Go to your account dashboard, by clicking on the “DASHBOARD” link on the top left of the page.
Create your new organization
An organization is like a repository where you will put and manage all your own projects.
- If you already joined as a translator our community from your dashboard, click the “Create Organization” button.
- If you don’t see the banner, click on the “Create Organization” button from the dropdown menu with your username on the top left
- Give a name to your organization, usually your username, but whatever you fill like will be fine.
- Check the box for my projects are open source.
- Click the “Create organization” button
Create a new project
Now your organization is created you can add projects to it. Great
In the new create opened page :
- Fill up the name and description fields. It’s pretty simple no need to spend to much time here.
- For the language source choose : English (United-States) (en_US). This is really important, it’s the official recommendation from WordPress.
- For the Licence : Other open souce.
- And for the open source url : the url where your source can be find (e.g: your GitHub or Bitbucket repo url).
Your project is now setup, now let’s polish up his settings.
Manage your project
Edit Project Options Tab:
- You can add a longer description if you feel like it.
- But most important : Add the url of your plugin or theme in the Homepage field. (It will appear on your project page).
Features and Tags Sections:
- Fill up resources from TM. Checking this option will make the system to fill up resources automatically with 100% similar matches from the unique WP-Translations Translation Memory, and it will make our Translators life easier.
- And for the tags don’t forget to add : wp-translations + wordpress + plugin or theme.
You’re almost done! Your project is now setup. You just have to assign it a resource and join the WP-Translations Organization.